so last Thursday it all began. i got the 55 on the stand and started filling it with ro
water. (started around 1030pm and cut it off at around 10 ish with 4 inches from the top, figuring my rock would bring it closer to the top; which it did) I left Friday to go get my 20gal in Lincoln I transferred everything i could as fast as i could to the 55gal in Omaha 1 hour away. ( so far i lost a stressed plate and a pom pom) Tonight i watch the clown fish for abit and they seem to be breathing faster than normal. but not to an extreme point. So i ran to get the test tubes out of the truck and tested everything.
nitrite - Purple, forgot what api goes by. one below 0
PH - 8.4
Now what im trying to figure out is why my parameters jumped all fo
a sudden. I did have a peppermint shrimp that died as well but wouldn't think he would have made that big of an impact.
I have a Reef Octopus NWB-150 skimmer that i got running about sunday/monday after i got the sump filled/return/overflow and ready to go.