Moving 90 Gal to 150 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its in my signature, but here.
150g with 110# of LR, sump, refugium, and a 220 skimmer. Blonde naso tang, honeycomb grouper, yellow tang, niger triggerfish, green bird wrasse, and porcupine puffer. Also a lettuce sea slug, and a horseshoe crab.

crister13 said:
Its in my signature, but here.
150g with 110# of LR, sump, refugium, and a 220 skimmer. Blonde naso tang, honeycomb grouper, yellow tang, niger triggerfish, green bird wrasse, and porcupine puffer. Also a lettuce sea slug, and a horseshoe crab.

Wow... So no corals I take it?

NOOOO. Not with the grouper:). He is the messiest eater of all time. What are you putting in your tank again? Is it going to be reef?

crister13 said:
NOOOO. Not with the grouper:). He is the messiest eater of all time. What are you putting in your tank again? Is it going to be reef?

Yes. I got a one spot fox face, kole yellow eye tang, flame hawkfish, starry blenny, 2 true clowns, and a cardinal.

Yeah, blue gangs are I think, the most peaceful. The powder blue tangs are really aggressive. As far as eels or lion fish, it depends, are you making this a reef?

slitherbomb said:
Yeah, blue gangs are I think, the most peaceful. The powder blue tangs are really aggressive. As far as eels or lion fish, it depends, are you making this a reef?

Of course! Lol... Same reef I had in my 90... I see it's with caution... Just seeing if it could be done.

Eels and lionfish are really messy eaters so if you would want one, you would need a good protein skimmer and refugium to keep nitrates low. Also, eels can knock down corals that aren't glued down.

slitherbomb said:
Eels and lionfish are really messy eaters so if you would want one, you would need a good protein skimmer and refugium to keep nitrates low. Also, eels can knock down corals that aren't glued down.

K, so I just need to add a skimmer... Already got the sump and stuff. It'll be a 55g sump.

If you did the lion your smaller fish would get eaten. They can eat anything 1/2 of their size. So unless all of your fish were 4" you couldnt even get a dwarf. If it were me you could add a wrasse. Harlequin tusks and bird wrasse are awsome. They are coral safe, but will eat inverts. Also, these wrasses are not as aggresive as others. You could also do pretty much any trigger with a good skimmer. Again not invert safe but coral safe. Let us know what u think!!!!!

crister13 said:
If you did the lion your smaller fish would get eaten. They can eat anything 1/2 of their size. So unless all of your fish were 4" you couldnt even get a dwarf. If it were me you could add a wrasse. Harlequin tusks and bird wrasse are awsome. They are coral safe, but will eat inverts. Also, these wrasses are not as aggresive as others. You could also do pretty much any trigger with a good skimmer. Again not invert safe but coral safe. Let us know what u think!!!!!

Well, got a lot of snails and crabs. Also 2 shrimp... This is not working in my favor... Lol

Idk, mines smaller than that but its a FOWLR. You should definately be fine. I have a 220 skimmer and a fuge also. I have almost nothing in my fuge but its growing. Sumps also for a 220.

Back
Top Bottom