Moving a marine tank! Any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikebfc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’m moving house next week and have to move my tank. Unfortunately all of my rock is glued and covered In coral.
I also have a few anemones that are stuck to the rock which I cannot get to the foot to get them off. Anyone got any helpful advice or tips?
I’m thinking of getting a 145l container to place the rock straight into

since all your rock is glued it will be a bit more difficult to move and keep partially submerged since it contains coral . the splashing around should help keep coral wet but you can pour some of the water over it if it needs it .

your tank and everything with it should be the very last thing you load and making it the first thing set up before moving everything else in .

unless you have a way of dedicating the move of the tank alone on a separate day so not to over whelm yourself in the move give yourself time to get things back up in more of a orderly fashion .

I am doing a separate day for the tank, set wanted to have a bigger tank up and ready when I got there but the Mrs didn’t like that plan [emoji23][emoji36]

Back
Top Bottom