Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would also recommend grabbing a 10 gal plastic container. The rocks could hit the glass too easily and crrraaaack.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

How close is petworld to RIT? and yes i plan to go with plastic for my containers. the biocube is acrylic and im not risking breaking it or scratching it. haha

Old 07-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

petworld is probably 10 or 15 minutes or so up 390 north on west ridge road. (almost right off the exit of 390)
Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to dscount Send a message via Yahoo to dscount
Check around and see if anyone might have a couple empty Instant Ocean salt containers. Makes it easier to move with the lock down lid by spinning it one direction (Hammer it open). You could put you LR and 5 gal of water in this container w/o any spilling.

2nd Tip. Might stop and check the temp of the H20 for the fish. If summer time travel then maybe drop a bag of ice near the fish to help keep cool (Not IN or directly touching).
Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I plan to have two plastic containers. One for fish and corals, one for rocks. I also have 2 heaters and the car will be air conditioned so I can keep everything adjusted right. Im not driving my parents are so I plan to sit in the back with them anyways. So anything I am missing? Im taking fish and corals out first, then rocks in another container, then replacing sand. Then when i get there i will put in rocks and water, and then fish and corals when it clears up a bit. How long do you think the corals in fish can live in a 6 gallon container and be ok for if provided with a little flow and heat? Because I know the new sand is gonna make the tank really cloudy and I would like it to settle a little before adding the fish.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tank move

I moved a while back and used Home Depot 5 gallon painters buckets for the water. Used a set of coolers for the fish and plants.

Tags
moving, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com