moving.. am i doing this correctly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I start spring break this week, and I am planning to take my tank and fish etc... home for the rest of the year.

it is a 60 mile or so trip from here to "home" -- so my plan is this, I have two 5 gallon buckets and I am pondering a 10 gallon bucket to carry water in. to start the tank when I get home.

ok, so my initial plan is this: put the liverock in on5 gallon bucket (with water of course from the tank)

fill up another 5 gallon bucket with water from the tank to put my clownfish in and my snails in with an airstone

and finally if I do plan to buy a 10 gallon bucket or so (if one exists, I have a 18 gallon tupperware container I keep water in, but the lid is shady and I don't trust it in my car) it will be filled with sw mixed.

so here are some other questions... how am I going to do this with my livesand in my tank ? should I leave a little water in the tank with the livesand to keep the worms / watever else alive in it, like maybe a half gallon or so of water ?

thanks, thane

Why do you need the extra 10gallon bucket? If you carry 5 gallons with the fish and inverts and some in with the live rock and leave enough to cover the sand, what is the extra 10 for? This will leave enough volume for a good size water change when you get there. You are talking about the 12 gallon right? 60 miles is nothing. These animals survive in a bag of water for 24 hours when you order them on line. The only worry really is temp but I see you live in So. Cal so that's probably not a problem for you anyway.

Back
Top Bottom