Moving an anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blacksteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey I have a LTA and I'm planning on moving him to a different tank. Does anyone know how to get him to safely detach from the bottom of the tank?

He is attached directly to the bottom of the tank on the glass. He buried his foot in the sand.

My last BTA I had was attached to rock and I used a latex glove and got underneath the foot and slowly unattached it. However, I think there is a special way to remove the anenome from one tank to another because it's not suppose to be exposed to air. Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Ok thanks for the help. I'm just trying to make sure the foot doesnt get ripped or damaged when being moved.

I doubt it will be doable since it's on the bottom through sand. When I had to move mine off a rock I took a small power head and pointed it towards the anemone, and put a small piece of acrylic behind it. Then sat there for several hours waiting and watching it slowly move on to the glass. Once it finally crawled on to it I just had to pick up the piece of acrylic with the anemone attached. It was wedged between two big rocks and I was tearing down my tank to move it.

Good idea using power head. Maybe place a rock next to your anenome and them place a powerhead on the opposite side and then give it time to move. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Ya the powerhead is a good idea. And I would try to get him to attach to a rock but I'm pretty sure that LTAs only attach to the bottom through the sand, but I may be wrong. I'm just gonna try the powerhead idea. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom