Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

moving corals

I am setting up a new aquarium...which is already set up and has to be moved...what do I do with my corals in the meantime? Can they be added when the fish are ready to go in? I have a friend with a decent size reef tank, I can probabally house them there if I had to...

Old 05-13-2004, 10:27 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Are we talking about moving it to a differnt place within the hosue or are we talking about moving as in moving to a new house?

When moving the tank place the corals in buckts and keep them covered with tank water. Then put them back in once the tanks setup.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:26 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

about the tank...

We are buying a tank that is already set up, getting rid of the water and taking everything else with it...wet dry, live rock. lights you name it...and setting it up in our house.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Move the corals just like you would move the fish. Set the tank up at the new location and add the corals as your adding water back into the system.

You should transport as much of the water as you can. This will aid in keeping the live rock, and sand wet as well as give your fish and corals someplace to sit while you transport and setup the system.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, corals, moving

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com