Moving cross country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicasmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I have my orders and Im supposed to report for duty at Camp Pendleton, CA next May. Currently I am stationed at Parris Island, SC.
My question is how, if possible do I transfer fish, coral, and LR cross country on a 14 day trip. It will take that long because the only time I see my family is when I change duty stations. The LR I think I can just leave in buckets of water in my SUV, but the rest of it I'm not sure about. I would hate to have to sell my livestock. But as of right now that is the plan. I will just have to start again when I get there. Before anybody can say it, I know that reef keeping is not the best hobby for the service but you all know the addiction. Any thoughts or ideas are helpful.

Well let me start by saying THANK YOU from one vet to another.

Is there ANY WAY you can ship them? from the 14 day trip I see alot of stopping/stay over. Livestock is always replaceable and while I was in SoCal I saw ALOT of different fish that I have not seen in other parts of the country.

I just got back from vacation in san diego to prepare for the trip. I found three VERY good lfs. I thought about shipping them to the LFS for a "boarding" fee until I got settled, but haven't asked if they would do that yet.

Back
Top Bottom