Well, I had an exciting Friday night. I got out the Rubbermaid tubs, the 5 gal
buckets, Syphon hoses, the Python, and the too numerous to count towels to move my 55gal to a 75gal. If that is exciting, then I really am getting old.
Pulled out all the LR
and syphoned in some tank water, threw in a PH and a heater to keep things going.
Pulled out the anemone rocks and put them in a bucket with tank water, a PH and a heater.
Did the same for the fish and the starfish.
Sucked the remaining tank water out with the Python (I love this thing).
Recruited the wife to help move the old tank out and bring the new 75 gal
and stand in.
Dropped in the pre-rinsed new sand, wanted to change to more of a "beachy" look. Covered with a couple of trash bags to keep the sandstorm down and proceeded to fill with 76 degree water from the Python (I love this thing).
Added a heater, a couple of PH's, and some Prime. Let it stir for a few minutes. Then I started adding my salt (Oceanic) in increments until I read 1.023.
Let it stir overnight and into the afternoon. Checked all water parameters before the acclimating began.
Put the LR
in and started emptying some of the water from each of the livestock, coral, and anemone containers. Started drip acclimating them all and over the next couple of hours, I added them all to the tank. Finally added the anemone and Linkia Star after about 4 hours of acclimation.
Everyone is happy and swimming around after a few hours of hiding in the rocks. Clarkii has found his anemone, others are swimming around, Linkia is on the glass and rocks and the Serpent star is exploring the rocks.
I am wondering if I should add a Tang to the mix now , or maybe a couple of small schooling fish that will inhabit the open water portion of the tank.
I'll post pics when the water clears a little more.