Moving Green Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbem2004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A month or so ago I purchased a piece of live rock with about 20 small Green Mushrooms on it. These mushrooms have started to grow and I am afraid they are going to run out of room.

What is the best way to remove some of them from the live rock, and then reattach them to a different piece of rock?

TIA

there are several ways to do this...you can snip off the disc and tie it to a rock, or hold the rock upside down and grab with tweasers and pull up from one side like tape...its ok if they tear...you can also take the shroom and slice it right down the middle and re attach to a rock...if you get the shrrom off place it in a low flow area in the substrate it willattach to rocks..then you can glue that to where you want it to be...you can also place the shroom in a hole on a rock and it will attach

doug

just so you know, if you do things like remove the disc and attatch it to a new rock, the stem will more then likely grow into a new shroom, so you wont really be moving them, just fragging them and helping them spread!

ClamKnuckle said:
just so you know, if you do things like remove the disc and attatch it to a new rock, the disc will more then likely grow into a new shroom, so you wont really be moving them, just fragging them and helping them spread!

well said i guess i skipped that :roll:. i moved 3 of mine today by using tweasers and slowly there foot let go

doug

Yeah, mine have been peeling off the tonga branch rock they were shipped on. Definitely an easy coral to work with.

Back
Top Bottom