Moving my 100 gallon stockless tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JAKEPIN

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I just got rid of my last fish because I am moving. I am moving a couple mile away and I have no livestock . The only prob is I have never moved a tank . Have any ideas on how to move the tank?

If it is empty just wrap it in a moving pad/blanket.i moved my 90 a few months ago, wrapped it and transported by itself in my van. Not too bad just be careful. If you have any livestock to move your lfs is usually a good resource for styrofoam fish boxes. Mine hooked me up with 6 which was enough to move my fish, critters and corals in. Good luck.

I miss order it. I have water, just no fish. How would I move the water and how much original water would I need in order to prevent a re-cycle?

Leave just enough water to keep the sand wet use the rest to cover any live rock you have in pails. There's very little bacti in the water it will be in the sand bed and in/on the rock. I would use very little of the old water as the large water change will help dilute any toxins that may have been released from the sand bed during the move.

Back
Top Bottom