Moving question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to have to move to my new place in a few months and I wanted to start planning the best way to move my 65g tank. This is the first time that I've moved so any help would be nice.

There's an article in our Articles Section about moving a FW tank. Much of the same steps can be used. Just add in some additional care for your LR and substrate and the importance of keeping as much of the tank water as possible is heightened for a SW tank as well.

This is a link to my moving guide http://www.fishdomain.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=4534&t=4534
I had never moved a tank but my post explains everything. It is certainly not without its issues, but AS of today (over 3 weeks after my move) everything has recovered. The best advice I can give over and above that is to buy some Bio Spira ahead of time to head off the ammonia spike. When I saw it rise to just at or over .25ppm I added the Spira and overnight everything was right as rain.

hope it helps.
-Paul C.

Back
Top Bottom