Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror
Well, I wasnt going to carry anything. I said above that I was going to place my Mag5 in the tubs and pump the water downstairs to the tank (which will have been emptied and moved already).

I really dont mind me doing this, because I know how he feels about it overflowing. I would be scared too. In the basment, if it overflows, it wont to anything to the house. So I am happy about that. Plus more people will be able to see it and enjoy it.
Oh, my mistake. I had the impression that you were going to carry the rubbermaid downstairs, then use the pump to pump back the water into the tank. What was I thinking. I apologize for that.

Also, I didn't mean to sound as though I am critizing your parents just for the fun of it. I was more thinking of empathizing with you and saying that to your defense. I apologize. I meant well. It looks like it is a good idea to bring the tank downstairs. In that way, like you said, there are less worries.

Good luck on the move however you end up doing it. You definitely need a company or two to help you out. Hope all goes well!

Old 01-01-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

DON'T USE THE HOSE UNLESS YOU KNOW IT'S SAFE!

Consumer Reports did a test a few years ago and found:
"it’s OK to drink from a hose only if it’s labeled safe or if you flush it first. Otherwise, the water standing inside may contain worrisome amounts of lead and other chemicals that leach from the hose itself. Many hoses are made of polyvinyl chloride, which uses lead as a stabilizer. . ."

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to binaryterror
Oh crap I already used my hose to trasport the water. It is running now and has 2 Chromis, and 4 Damsels. They have been fine. I has been running for 1 day.
40lbs. LR
40lbs. LS
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow, happy new year! that's great that you moved the hardware safely downstairs!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to binaryterror
Yeah, but read my othet thread. I cant get the sump and wet/dry to level out. it either keeps filling or keeps emptying. I have 2 seperate overflow boxes.

40lbs. LR
40lbs. LS
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
base, moving, moving tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com