Moving to Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristy3693

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I have bittersweet news. The hubby and I received job offers that will relocate us to Florida. I want to sell my 120 gal/55 sump on Craig's list. But I want to keep my 35 gal hex, so I would be selling the fish, rock and coral inside. Should I do just one big post? I don't know how to price it or anything!

Try as a whole system first depending on how much time you have, then if no takers part it out. We're in fl? Always hard cus you know the cost and up keep but people want a deal.

Welcome to Florida. (y) The best advice I can tell you is to sell it cheap enough so it moves fast enough. Not dirty cheap, but cheap & yet make enough out of it. You will lose money, but it will be out your way for the big move.

Thanks guys! That is what I will do. Somewhere in the Tampa area. We use to live in Orlando, but moved up here about three years ago.

With so many aquarium for sale in Florida on c.list I wouldnt even bother with something that large. IMHO

Welcome back to FL. :D
Just a quick reminder, water here in the Tampa area is not like water in KY. Remember that the hardness and PH will be different and so the fish you buy from other places may not adapt as well. Make sure you know all the parameters your new fish are coming from.

I'm in the Lake Wales area so feel free to PM me with any questions :)

I forgot about this tip. Kick your price up a bit & put in OBO. So, if you were asking $400 try $500. When they send you a txt or email- and offer you $425 it's a win-win. If you just want to get it out of the way ASAP then just drop it but enough to make you some money as well.

Problem with c.list and what makes me lol is that they think they are going to get what they put in. Anyone who is shopping on c.list is there for

A. Getting something dirt cheap
B. It's local

You got a few that will post a link to every product they bought and showing you the retail price. lol

Now you got a guy who spent $3000 & is now asking for $2800 & says no low ball offer & I'm not in a hurry to sell it. You will see that guy for many month trying to sell his stuff over and over. Now, $2800 is now $2000..$2000 is now $1500. now he is down $1000 OBO. lol

Florida rocks!! I live in the Tampa area, so if you need some decent shops I could let you know some of the the places I frequent.

don't go fla anymore lol the X lives there:ROFLMAO: just knowing that spoils the thought of having fun :lol:
I'd buy the 120 only thing is it wouldn't fit in my jeep unless I hung it out the back but would break by the time I got it back to colorado :facepalm:

but I know you will get alot of bits

Awhh, you guys are so awesome! Florida is awesome too! Nothing like having dinner and seeing the dolphins swimming. I think I am going to post it for $900. I bought it for $750 on CL, but have added $300 worth of coral, 100lb of live rock, a $250 protein skimmer, and $150 over flow box. I don't think that is a bad deal, I have a 8 bulb t5 fixture going with it, stand, and 55 gal sump. Wish me luck...regardless, will be down in your neck of the woods soon! (except Colorado guy, don't come back, that x is CrAzy) !!!

Back
Top Bottom