Mp10 on a 6ft 135g reef tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saratj1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could I get away with a pair of mp10's on a 135g tank? Or maybe one mp40 And one mp10. Mp40's are a little costly, although not that much more than a comparable setup with koralia's and a controller.
What do you guys think?

Or what about 2 tunze 6100? That may be what I end up with, a little cheaper than the vortechs.

I would go with the tunze I just purchased 2 6105s for my 135 after doing a bunch of research

Actually just bought the tunze ts24 setup which is 2x 6100's and a controller, got it used on eBay for the same price as I was thinking about buying an mp40 for. I was about to buy the mp40 but felt like I needed another powerhead for symmetry if anything so I thought about buying an mp10, because 2 mp40's would be a little costly.
But bought the tunze's, a little old but a lot of positive reviews online so we will see.

Could I get away with a pair of mp10's on a 135g tank? Or maybe one mp40 And one mp10. Mp40's are a little costly, although not that much more than a comparable setup with koralia's and a controller.
What do you guys think?

Or what about 2 tunze 6100? That may be what I end up with, a little cheaper than the vortechs.

In me eyes the only disadvantage to to the vortechs is pricey. That being said, if you can save the money up, do it. 2 mp40's would be ideal however 1 mp 40 and an mp10 will suffice. I would recommend saving for another mp40 and selling the mp10 at a latter time. They can easily resale upwards of 200 so not much loss.

Got my tunze's in today very excited. But I don't have my 135g up and going yet so won't get to try them out :(,
I stuck one in my 47g column tank and couldn't even let it spin up and sand was everywhere. I mean I didn't even get the plug into the socket and immediately pulled it out, so they got some power.

image-651651274.jpg

Back
Top Bottom