Multiple pairs of clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaWoWee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im setting up a 90 gallon and am wondering if its possible to have 2 pairs of clownfish in the same tank. Any personal experiences?

Everything I had ever read is mostly a no.. However, my manager has 3 different clowns in his 90.. two maroons and a clarki I believe.. He also had a cinnamon in there for a while but took it out because it was mean, not just to the other clowns but everthing.. I personally wouldn't do it.

I have two occelaris clowns and a clarki. My clarki stays at one side of my 75gal hosting his LT anemone and my occ clowns stay at the other hosting my pagoda cup coral. Lol. The female occ clown and the clarki fought for about a day until the clarki found the nem. Now they don't even care about each other when swimming around. I don't know what the future holds, but until then the clarki can stay. That's just my experience though. I've heard it's not a good idea but I wanted to try knowing I could take the clarki back at any time. Clowns are very protective of their territory so I think if they have enough space and each have their own territory it might work out. Just make sure you have a place to rehome quickly if things turn south.

Bad idea I tried it in my 75 gallon the maroon clown and percula clown all they did was fight

Yea. Not sure if i want to try it yet. Ive read if multiple pairs you either need to have quite a few anemones or they all need to have been from the same batch of eggs or introduced when they are sexless.

Dissapointing. I am planning a 90. I was hoping to be able to do a pr of Occy clowns and pr of pink skunks.
If I can't do both I will do pink skunks, as this is MY tank, and my "Family" tank in the LR (56 gal column) has a pr of occs.

If you add all the clowns at once u should be fine pink skunks aren't as aggressive as say maroons and tomatoes which should never be added with ocelaris

If you add all the clowns at once u should be fine pink skunks aren't as aggressive as say maroons and tomatoes which should never be added with ocelaris

Well i have a black oc and orange oc paired in my 40gal and i wanted to add them with pair of some type of fancy ocellaris to my new 90. i can add them all at the same time. i just dont want them to bump heads.

I have a pair of clarki and cinnamon tomatoes in a 90 all at once in new home is the way to go that way there shouldn't be any fighting and if they host nems make sure there are plenty nems for them

Back
Top Bottom