muscles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mupwi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was at a friends place the other day after harvisting some muscles from the shore for dinner he is busy cycling his new tank so we thaught it would be a good place to keep the muscles fresh.

When I left he asked if I would leave a few for the tank which I did.
He reports that they have cleaned up the tank overnight.

Has anyne tried this do any of you keep muscles in your SW tanks if so are there any special conciderations for them ie lighting feeding aration.

I heard of the local university using an artificial muscle bed as part of there filtration mut cant find any info on it and the technician who used to run it has left.

other then they are a cold water species, not like most tropical tanks, i don't know anything about them. I know my clam is a filter feeder?

I dont think these would be a cold water veriety as I am in durban south africa where our minimum temp is 64f and average around 77F unles this is still concidered cold not sure as Im new to sw tanks I am planing on seting my own tank up soon and we are boath planing to only include fish ect from our local waters that we see on a weekly basis while diving

Haha wow. Then yea. I'll shut up.

Just your typical american thinking everyone else is american :/

What kinds of species do you encounter on a regular basis?

I am not too good with all the names of the colourfull fishies beter with the others I spearfish but some I do know are the coachman a number of wrases and buterfly fish and lionfish will check on other names when I get some time or when I can get hold of my budy thats more into the aquerium fish already

ok here is the list my buddy whants us to catch in saterday
Angels – Mostly doublesash
Crescent tail wrasse
Sargent majors maybe ?
[FONT=&quot]Domino’s [/FONT]
now to go look them up in my book so I know what im looking for :)

I havent decided what im going to set up yet but his tank is about 40g I think we can catch up to 10 fish total a day on an aquerium licence no more than 5 per spicies probably not going to catch a whole bunch just a few to start with thats just the ones he is intrested in not nececerily going to catch them all

Back
Top Bottom