Mushroom.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
How to see if a mushroom corals are healthy or not? Mine is the luminous green (should be call disc anemone mushroom corals, but not too sure if the name if correct).

If they open up and they are healthy. If they open up and retain there colors then they are in a good location lighting wise. Is there something wrong with your mushrooms that you think they are unhealthy. Mushrooms are pretty hardy and I'm not sure I could kill off any in my tank if I tried.

They did open up big, but I find some of them turning dark colour, almost going to dark green. Is my light source too strong for them? At the LFS, the light source they gave them are just atlantic blue fluorecent tube, but mine is a blue and a white.

They will look different under different color temperature lamps. What type of lighting do you have. Most mushrooms will do well in low to moderate indirect lighting but can adapt to brighter lights. I have some green ones right now that are under a 175 watt lamp. If the possible try to move the mushrooms to a location where they receive different lighting or move something to shade them and see how that affects them, if they are attached to a large rock moving them may not be an option. HTH

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom