Mushroom Activity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alarmguy66

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, so Im getting ready to add a 3rd 175 watt MH to my 180 gallon setup and this thought crosses my mind.......My mushrooms have all been hiding as of late. What I mean is, they have all tucked themselves in shady areas of the tank where they are hard to see. I was up reading my book by Eric Borneman (Corals...blah etc blah) and it mentioned that mushrooms dont always do well under MH lighting. Now I am debating my course of action. I think my tank will be much more attractive with a third bulb as the whole tank will look uniformly bright. On the other hand, my mushrooms are REALLY gonna hate me for that. Whats a fellow to do?

If the shrooms can be moved down, they will recover. If they are attached to rather large rocks that cannot be moved they may simpley let go on their own. More often than not they don't though. If all else fails, frag.

Did you light acclimate the tank to the new lights? Not that it will make much difference with all the colonies but some may adapt if they have more time and they are eased into the new intensity... hard to say

Cheers
Steve

you probably already thought of this but, Could it be possible to create a shaddy area that also makes them easy to see

there is a ton of shade in the tank, lots of caves and overhangs. The mushrooms just dont like the MH lighting. One has come out into the light today, but one has hidden completely. Yet another has moved into a dark space, but now is reaching way out on its stalk to get to some light.

Back
Top Bottom