Mushroom Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xhilr8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm interested in getting some of these as they are easy to look after and I was wondering what's the best way to propogate them? I heard by simply cutting them up and grafting them to pieces of rock will work...any ideas?

You've answered your own question. Mushrooms are easily propagated by cutting and gluing or attaching the pieces to other rocks. They seem almost impossible to kill. I've had mushrooms ripped off of their rocks only to have 2 grow in their place.

Is there any special procedures to do this? Or do I simply cut up one musroom into like 4 pieces and then tie it on a rock for a few days? If I was to glue them, does it mean it will be stuck there permanently as I heard they do move around. And what glue do you recommend that's safe?

super glue. but when i cut my mushrooms i just let the fly around the tank till they find a good place and settle down most of the time they attach to some CC and then i move the CC to the spot i want them. but you really cant kill them. i did my first frag of my mushrooms a few days ago and they are all growing really fast. and if you cut them they need a part of the center mouth.

Oh I see...thanks for that because nobody told me that I needed to cut a piece of the centre mouth in order for it to grow :roll:

I might head down to the LFS to get some today. Do the colours have any difference in the way you feed or care for them? or are they all the same with the exception that some colours are nicer than others?

Back
Top Bottom