mushroom coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a rock with about 5 purple mushrooms, and a rock with about 8 bright green muchrooms on it. Is there a way to take a few of the muchrooms off each rock and put them on a different rock to spread them out in the tank?

Try >>this<<. Providing the water quality is good, these guys are generally easy to frag.

Cheers
Steve

frags

Thats a great artical Steve i wish i would of read it yesterday. Today i went to lfs and he gave me three very small mushrooms from his tank. He told me to just drop them in tank they will find there own homes. One of them ended up next to the glass where i can see it the other two were swept underneith the rocks by current. I cant see them Are they going to be allright there or should i try to find them? and move them.

Thanks for any info you can give me Dewey

Re: frags

Dewey said:
I cant see them Are they going to be allright there or should i try to find them? and move them.
Sometimes they will be fine on their own and sometimes not. If you are able to locate them and are unattached, you could easy follow the same directions as fragging. After a day though, they should not yet be attached to anything. It will then allow you to properly place them after they are attached to some larger rubble pieces.

Cheers
Steve

I had heard that mushrooms are pretty easy but I also heard they don't like a lot of water movement. Is this true?

The LFS said he would give me one for $5 if he could shake one loose. Did not happen though ...

ellisz said:
I had heard that mushrooms are pretty easy but I also heard they don't like a lot of water movement. Is this true?
They do not prefer brisk water movement but mushrooms will be fine with med-low flow as long as it does not constantly move their disc about.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom