mushroom coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey is it okay to lay a piece of small rubble rock ontop of a mushroom for two to three days till it attaches to a rock i want it on its covering the mouth a little but i still see the edges all the way around

Probably not good to cover it's mouth... but that's just me guessing. Regarding getting it to attach to the rock you want, mushrooms are a lot like cats. It will do what it wants, when it wants. And if you want it to move a certain place, it most likely won't.

Just sayin'... don't hold your breath that the thing will be where you want it in 2-3 days.

It has a better chance of staying put if you put it in a low water flow area. Another thing you can do is put it on the rubble inside of a bowl with some netting over it and leave it for a few days in the tank.

well i have try the bowl i have try low flow so far nothing has worked i did this once before but it moved a little and i didnt notice and it attached to the rubble rock but then came lose after one day cause i moved it

You can loosely band it to a rock with a rubberband. Just don't make it so tight that it causes the roo to split in half.

Take a needle and fishing line...pierce the base and tie it to a small piece of rubble. The fishing line seems to grow out in a couple weeks and the 'schroom' is attached. Mushrooms are WAY more resiliant than you think!!

its already attached at the spot i want it now peeps but thanks for the future knowledge i just managed to keep current of of it temp. but now i need to know wat is the best way to frag one a diff one of course this one was a frag i bought i have a diff colony i want to frag for my new tank.

Back
Top Bottom