Mushroom Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
E

eknight

I have a 55 gallon tank reef tank. Recently I added a mushroom coral that acclimated within two weeks. During the last two weeks, it has deteriorated and now is very pathetic looking. Salinity is 1.025 at a temperature of 76. Nitrites, Nitrates and ammonia are 0. Ph is 8.4.
On the advice of my LFS, I have added carbon to the tank. Is this causing the problem?

It may not like the location that it is in, flow and light wise. Try moving it. Mine tends to fluctuate. It's big....it's small....completely expanded....shriveled. So i relally never know.

Jim

55 gallon tank with coral life 65W X 4, 60 lbs live rock, crushed coral and live sand base, two powerheads, protein skimmer, grounding probe. Have added carbon at the advice of LFS. Calcium being added now. No trace elements added yet. Water changes 10 gallons every 10-14 days.

I would loo to a too much light issue or a too high a flow issue, just to be sure though, pull them out and inspect them closely for hitchiking nudibranches that might be munching on them, make sure to check the underside of the shrooms.

Thanks for the help. I will move the mushroom coral and check for nudibranches.

Back
Top Bottom