Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
i have never tried joes juice so i can't tell you for sure, but people who have said it may be the same thing.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

OK. I'll give that a shot. By the way, just as an update. The mushrooms have been in unsalted water with no heat, light or current for two weeks now. They still look like I just took them out of the display tank. They haven't shrunk changed color or ANYTHING...

Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That is definetely one of the hardest corals I have ever heard of. I heard of someone taking a mushroom and throwing it in the blender, they then dumped it into their frag tank and hundreds of mushrooms grew from that one mushroom. I can see your on going challenge.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Get a razor carefully scrape and frag those suckers put em online sell them heck give em away lots of people would love to have Mushrooms so what if it's invasive mushroom..... if u can't frag ask someone that knows how to if they can show you or you could sell the biggest rock of mushrooms
Old 12-01-2010, 03:51 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oh forgot I've did this b4 u can try it ( keep in mind this was years ago but still prob will help) I surrounded the mushrooms with coral that have a stronger sting it really keep them in check
Old 12-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You put the mushrooms in freshwater for two weeks and they didn't die? I find that difficult to believe. Normally they would have died very quickly if left in freshwater.

Joe's Juice is a type of kalkwasser. I don't believe that there is much difference between Joe's Juice and AiptasiaX. I am kind of the opposite of Mr_X as I have only used Joe's Juice but have never used AiptasiaX. I can attest that Joe's Juice will take down anything that it is put on: aiptasia, majano, colonial hydroix, pulsating xenia (if it's large you will need multiple applications)
Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

hmm jaybird my aiptasiaX did nothing to my xenia but make it a bit unhappy, though i wasnt trying to kill it

Tags
coral, corals, mushroom, mushroom corals, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com