Mushroom lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm planning on starting a 20 gallon with 20-30 lbs base rock, and 5-10 lbs live rock. I was thinking of a few gobies and/or clowns and also wanted some easy low light corals. I read mushrooms take low to moderate lighting, so what is that exactly? Would 26 watts be enough? Any suggestions on any other low lighters? TIA

If you want some corals I would definitely add at the very least a PC light... You can get a dual lamp one from currrent for around 150$.

I have around 80-90 watts on my 32 gallon hex (not sure how my daylight NO compact is rated (bought at HD)).

You can get a dual bulbed current for 115 (cheaper for Aquarium advice members I think). It has 130 watts which will allow you to use anything in your tanks. Mushrooms would be placed lowest in your tank...

well, I'm not looking for a full blown reef tank. Just a few specimens that can thrive on lower lighting requirements. Hopefully around 1-2 wpg.

I'd say you'll want at least 2.5wpg for mushrooms. more wattage for anything else.
most full blown reef tanks are over 6wpg.

Thanks malkore. I guess I'll need around 45-50 watts then. This will probably be in a 20 tall, so I'll place any corals on the top.
i guess the ahsupply 1x55 watt pc bright kit would work. only 42 bucks too!

Back
Top Bottom