mushroom problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjense13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a couple of live rocks a few years ago, left to another country for two years leaving my family to take care of my aquarium. I got back and everything was fine except for the mushrooms that had taken over half of my aquarium. Apparently there were a couple of mushrooms on that live rock I bought. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Welcome to AA!
Sell them. If you don't know anyone who wants to buy them, take a rock with a bunch of mushrooms on it and trade it at your LFS for a piece of live rock the same size as the piece the shrooms are on.

I've had this problem too so i'd like to watch for any responses if you don't mind. I've tried a lot of things from putting the rock in freshwater to some other rather inhumane ways and haven't had any luck. I'm just about to the point of selling the rocks and getting new LR. Some people supposedly had luck with using joe's juice but it didn't work for me.

I am having the same problem with our tank. I have heard in the past of some sort of paste that you can put on the remainder of the stump after trimming one back then you can remove it a couple weeks later but I have been unable to find it.

Back
Top Bottom