Mushroom revival?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a couple of mushrooms in my 29 gallon reef tank I set up this year. They died cause my nitrates spiked. Will they ever come back? I've had some corals regrow in my other tank but never had mushrooms before.

Never took the rock out of the tank. It's been about a month since they died. They were still small. Only had them about a month. They were doing good one day. Then the next day they were gone. Do you think CUC did it? Have peppermint shrimp, hermit crabs, and nassarius snails.

When I first started reef'n i bought a liverock that had 3 mushrooms on it. In a few months my rock was covered in algae and I didn't know what to do so I removed the rock and scrubbed it off. I sacrificed the 3 mushrooms cause I couldn't stand the rock covered in green hair. I scrubbed it clean, no sign of mushrooms or of algae and put the rock back. I guess I left little bits of mushroom cause they grew back! The rock now has 8 or so on it..lol So ya, they could come back.......or not.......

That's good to know that they may grow back sometime. Still want to get some more though. So many to choose from. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom