Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C4t4StRoPhIc

Aquarium Advice Activist
well, as some of you know, i recently (3 days ago) got 3 mushrooms and a featherduster. i dunno what kind of mushrooms they are, but one is purple and blue, the others are kinda lumpy and green with light green stripes. but i have a question. the purple mushroom is in a little rock hole, and he will swell up nice and large, maybe 1" in diameter, but then closer to night time and sometimes during the day, he will shrink up and his mouth thing will extend out. is this normal? also, the two green guys, they are slowly moving towards eachother. one is in the middle of the tank, the other is to the far right. i expect they will meet in a few days. is this normal as well? also (OH GOD, NOT ANOTHER QUESTION!?!?!) how quickly do they repoduce and spread?

thanks everyone for all help you have given me. with the help of you guys i think this tank will eventually be beautiful. THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

k, ill be quiet now :zip:

well, as some of you know, i recently (3 days ago) got 3 mushrooms and a featherduster. i dunno what kind of mushrooms they are, but one is purple and blue, the others are kinda lumpy and green with light green stripes. but i have a question. the purple mushroom is in a little rock hole, and he will swell up nice and large, maybe 1" in diameter, but then closer to night time and sometimes during the day, he will shrink up and his mouth thing will extend out. is this normal? also, the two green guys, they are slowly moving towards eachother. one is in the middle of the tank, the other is to the far right. i expect they will meet in a few days. is this normal as well? also (OH GOD, NOT ANOTHER QUESTION!?!?!) how quickly do they repoduce and spread?

thanks everyone for all help you have given me. with the help of you guys i think this tank will eventually be beautiful. THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

k, ill be quiet now :zip:
all behavior sounds normal to me. when the mouth extends like that you could try feeding something. maybe mysis or brine shrimp. mine made a little baby in about a month and a half. with bad water quality (better now)((but the parameters ended up killing it along with a rock falling issiue)).
good luck!

Yup... totally normal for them to really shrivel up at night. (Very impressive how much they inflate, isn't it?!) I wouldn't worry about feeding them anything, they'll get all they need from the water and the lighting. And yes... they'll wander around the rock they came on, hop off the rock they came on, and pretty much go where they please. As far as how fast they'll reproduce, I always tell folks the answer to that is "Faster than you want them too." You may think that's not true now, but get back to us in 6 months! :lol:

lol. thanks guys. im pretty sure that it wont be faster than i want Kurt, but thats just me! lol. once again, thanks guys for all help i have recieved from everyone on this forum. you have helped me start and keep going a tank that i can be proud of. thanks.

should i move the mushrooms that are moving closer together, closer together? cuz they are moving at like, slower than an inch per 2 days....

Do your purple ones look like these? These and hundreds of others that I have sold to my LFS came from one mushroom.

100_1572.JPG

nah, its a darker purple with blue...ill post a pic...

img_948073_0_1ff7b12b081688f4c8faf840efbeea0c.jpg

and heres the green one. maybe you can tell what that is?

img_948073_1_0be5b11798798460a1f6d3b19101e8b7.jpg

thanks

I dont know I think they are the same. When they are young they are that color. Here are the same mushrooms couple yrs ago.

100_1328.JPG

Back
Top Bottom