mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
LFS has a great selection of mushrooms. I would like to buy some, but don't know anything about them. I don't have very much live rock. Is that a problem? What is needed to keep them? What kind of animals can harm them? I's sure this is a VERY broad question but I appreciate all the help!!
Thank you!!

From what I've been told, they are among the easier corals to keep. I had one hitch a ride in on a piece of LFS rock and it survived SCANDALOUSLY high nitrite reading and has since tripled in size.

Here it is:

img_357464_0_10b674cba3dffb7f87d2520ad57e72e8.jpg

You should check your neighborhood for user groups or clubs- I found one here and the members are all too happy to frag some corals for us newbies. Many of them get rid of mushrooms - one told me it was a "weed coral", and he turns up his nose at them.

My LFS guys wants to sell me a piece of rock with three mushrooms on it for $45.00. 8O I said no thanks.

They're great, and really hardy. They don't need that much light either. I had some in my 10 gal nano with only about 2 watts per gallon and they flourished. I'm not sure but I don't think they NEED live rock, but it never hurts.

Dang midiman, I keep seeing your liverock pics. and it's making me really want to order some more! Very nice. :wink: I think my next order will be about 20 pounds gulf and 10 keys. Can't wait.

I want to order more, too, but it's getting TOO EASY to spend money on this. The only thng eating shrimp in my house these days are my polyps and PJ cardinal.

Back
Top Bottom