Must fight.....MTS....arrgh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok...

I just set up two more SW tanks last night, and now for some reason I am trying to justify with myself a big SW "tub" like they have at our "Under The Sea" LFS.

I want to go get a big huge round feed trough at Farm & Fleet and set it up and put a stingray and some sand & LR in it. They have a spotted ray in theirs and whenever you walk by it pops up out of the water and wiggles and flaps at you because it wants food, and you can pet it and stuff AAACK it is so DARN CUTE!!!!

I am insane. I need help.

Oh well.

My LFS uses the same thing for their Rays.. The last time I was there they were still living.. That was a month ago... I know that they had 4 of them in one of those large troughs for at least a month or more.. They are most likely still there.. Price for the rays was 125.00ea ar 200.00 for the pair..

James

My LFS has had this ray since they opened almost a year ago, she discourages anyone who wants to buy him because it is her buddy and plus nobody really has a tank big enough for him.

When they opened the store he was just a very small ray about the size of a cookie, now it's about a foot from stem to stern.

It practically climbs out of the tank when you walk up to it and you can pet it (not that it probably wants to be "petted" LOL)

I asked her if she had ever picked it up in er hands and she said she wouldn't try it, it might sting her. hehe

I have 7 tanks now hehe (y)

The trough is about 200 gallons or more I would say it is a big composite plastic thing. It's round. About 5 foot across and maybe 2 feet deep

I have heard minimum 180 gals for a ray but as they get to be 2 feet for some kinds, it seems like you would need a big flat shaped tank or a trough.

Maybe if one of them stung me I would get over this little MTS episode!

LOL

Back
Top Bottom