Must have fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was curious, what are some fish that you guys think every saltwater aquarist should try at least once?

Eels. They are just so unique. I say the same with loaches in freshwater. They are like no other fish. They all have their own personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Marine betta.
images

Do marine bettas comebout when the lights are on?
If they have a cave to feel safe in and their tank mates aren't to rowdy they will come out during the day.
I have 3.
2 in my 75 and 1 in the 120.
I originally thought I may have got a pair,although from different LFS they both showed up the same week and were different sizes.
They have been together over 2 years ,but both stay in separate caves.
Neither chases the other and I couldn't tell if they spawned in the cave or not.
They can be more shy then nocturnal IMO, but I know they are active also at night as all my tanks have moon lights.
They are great fish,and possibly an occasional shrimp eater?

I have to agree, the marine beta is one of the greatest fish in my tank. It comes out when the lights are on, but is very active at night. It shoots out from between rocks and puffs itself up to try to intimidate me whenever I come near the tank.

I have to say- engineer goby. Coolest thing ever that is reef safe. It's like an eel in the reef, without the predation! And the best part....they are dirt cheap as far as salt fish go.

I'll shout out another favorite of mine(have one now...)
Gramma loretto;
Royal gramma.
If they fit every tank should have 1!
images

Long Horn Boxfish
Very cool looking fish in your tank, looks like a UFO fish, weird swim pattern, and when they get used to you, they will come right up to be fed.

Oh, there are so many good choices! This isn't a fish, but I think Cleaner Shrimp are so much fun and a necessity! :) I love Clowns too, Royal Grammas....lots of good ones mentioned!

Personally I like my chevron tang he's very people friend and great personality along with my yellow tang I've had for 6 years! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433700167.859766.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom