must stay out of the lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
went to lfs (to check progress of mandrin he is holding for me) walked out with another skunk cleaner some snails and he is now holding a scopas tang for me 8O before i make a mistake and in fairness to the fish and the store will the scopas and the kole get along in the 75? or should i call and cancel the hold?

i dont know if they will work out but i think i have the same problem as you and thats leaveing the lfs with some thing every time be it a fish or atleast a snail. :D

Actually Lori my mom had 2 tangs in the 1 tank at the same time and they got along great they were a orange shoulder and a yellow tang. :D

Scopas tangs get to 12 inches, the Kole, 7 inches. That is 19 inches of tang in a 75 gallon......using the old standby calculator of 1 inch of adult fish per 5 gallons of water...with just your tangs, you would, in theory, be overstocked.

LOL sounds like your an addict at your LFS.... :lol: Unfortanatly my LFS around here sucks for the most part and dont know crap about what they are talking about. Mine are just after the sale and to have them hold something for me i wouldnt trust, your lucky. That is alot of tang in that tank, my mom only has a 58 gallon and they wree in there for over 2 years

thanks hara you did my homework for me i was just going to look up how big they get i will have to call and pass on this one another good reason for a bigger tank :lol: thanks for your help all!!!

Back
Top Bottom