Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
sorry guys this build just slowed down even more my work hours got cut from 32 hours a week to eight on to diff days to four hour shifts i can barley afford to live right now. so i am puting a african chiclid in the tank with a bare bottom and some decorations just so i can watch something swim in it till i find a new job everyone keep a eye out for the build to start back up cause as soon as i get a new job its so on!!

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #22
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedeep1689 View Post
sorry guys this build just slowed down even more my work hours got cut from 32 hours a week to eight on to diff days to four hour shifts i can barley afford to live right now. so i am puting a african chiclid in the tank with a bare bottom and some decorations just so i can watch something swim in it till i find a new job everyone keep a eye out for the build to start back up cause as soon as i get a new job its so on!!
Sorry to hear about the job Good luck finding a new one

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

thanks its going smooth right now got alot of applications in
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

News news news the tank is cycling!!!!! I am starting it off with filters i hung to seed on the 55 two weeks ago few pounds of live rock no substrate yet maybe a couple pounds of ocean sand from petco thats in the 29 gal tank right now..... it prob wont even cover the bottom of the 125 lol but at least it will look better till i buy some sand...
Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

great!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ok guys got 40 pounds of argonite sand today will get the rest later its not in budget now but i have been told to put that ocean sand on the bottom i have twenty pounds of it now and its alaready live so that will help with the cycle so i have 60 pounds of sand half of wat i need i will get 40 more as soon as i can but it will be a while..... can it be added after i get fish in tank if i do it carefully.....plus i can always move the fish back to the 55 to add the rest of the sand if i cant do it with them in but hopefully i will have the sand during the cycle period i will try to add pics later i am working on tank now...
Old 10-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

wait, sand straight from the ocean? or do you just mean live sand?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

its sand that petco sells natures something its cheap really fine sand from the ocean but its dry when ya buy it looks like beach sand to tell ya the truth but it says for reef aquariums but i never liked it i just want to use it on the bottom hopefully it will stay on bottom it did in the 29 gal after i put agronite on top. the 2 20 pound bags i got today are figi pink agronite so all in all i have 60 pounds of sand in tank now looks good too the ocean sand only made a thin layer on bottom tho which is wat i wanted.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh, i thought it was from the ocean.

yeah, it will get really dirty if it doesnt stay on the bottom. but im afraid that when you gravel the sand, it will get sucked up and mixed around...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yea i had that problem with it in the 29 getting filthy but i added some bigger grain sand to the top and it always stayed under it. not to mention right now their is twice as much figi pink on top of it so it should go anywere lol if anything it will mix in with it which i dont think that would be to bad.....but more than likely i think it will stay underneath it. i am going to make a seperate thread seeing wat everyone thinks...

Tags
125 gallon, build, build thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com