My 29 Gallon reef build (With some help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did you test that water? i would not trust any water unless i mixed it myself.
stability is key in this hobby. easy on the supplements/additives...find out the problem first.
a power head at the surface more times than not will correct a low PH.

I only tested it for nitrites (which was dumb on my part) The good news is I tested the PH this morning and it is reading at 8.4 so that's a little better.

Little update. I did find out that my first batch of LR was only around 11 pounds and today I added about 10 more pounds. I also added 2 more turbo snails and a emerald crab. The royal gramma has finally been sneaking around the tank a little and the scooter blenny has been very active. Test the water in the morning to see where I'm at.(And fingers crossed I will still be getting the light Mr. X has suggested to me by next week) Oh and I'll put an updated pic later today or tomorrow after I get off work.

Here's the new guys.

The camera settings are WAY OFF to be taking pictures of the tank but you get the idea

Well computer is giving me a hard time, I'll have the pics up soon.:mad:

One more question for you guys. Like I said my filter on the 29 gallon is an AC70. How often should I change the media in it and I should only change one at a time right? The tanks been up for a little over two weeks so that is how old the media is now. I have the foam filter in it, activated carbon, and ammonia remover filter. Thanks

Depends on the bioload, I find once a month is good, my scooter eats prepared, hes not picky at all

Yea I feed him prepared food recommend by the guy at the LFS and he seems to be doing good.

Ok well my bio load right now would be pretty low, just the royal gramma and the scooter blenny in there oh and the emerald crab.

Ok so here are the new pictures. I had to move the tank to something more stable, as I began to add rock I didn't have much trust in the counter top so I grabbed a old dresser from the garage and spray painted it black. You will notice the yellow cube fish in there and this is just his temporary home for a buddy's of mine but for now he is small enough(just better not poison my tank!) I also put up a picture of this piece of equipment I got for free from I can't remember where. Maybe you guys can give me some advice on it it looks like a mini sump or something lol. Would it be worth throwing on the back of my tank? I have a pump thats fits perfect and pushes water through. Oh and I put a pic of the side view. By the way the I'm no camera person and they do not come out very good at all from the pictures but you get the point.

Oops accidentally put the picture of the emerald crab up instead of the box fish...ohh well

Attachments

• IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1946.jpg
    IMG_1946.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg