My 55 gal reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nchipley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I've had my saltwater tank for 2 months now would like to hear some feed back. This is my first tank( salt or fresh) I have 2 percula clowns sand sifter goby royal gramma 3 firefish scooter bleeny yellow tang 2 peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. I also have some gsp hammer head coral frogspawn Kenya tree green toadstool and watermelon zoes looking for more ideas thanks

Attachments

• image-2637300783.jpg
    image-2637300783.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image-993656551.jpg
    image-993656551.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3722983935.jpg
    image-3722983935.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image-2111132711.jpg
    image-2111132711.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 127
Yellow tangs need a six foot wide tank to live long/avoid stunting. You probably didn't know, but in the better interest of the fish find it another home. If it's still small you have some time before then, but still.

And wow, way to start off with a bang! I personally wouldn't have had a giant wall of rocks, as the water in the crevices is going to be a stagnant, nitrate factory. A valley or whatnot would've been a better choice, but heck, "too much" live rock is better than too little :p

Everything looks open and happy so you seem to be off to a good start, other than the tang.

Got a clean up crew? Lots of blue legged hermits, nassarius, nerites, ceriths and turbos will have you set. Try out some Ricordea florida or yuma in there also, quite interesting and more light loving than other shrooms.

I have 9 nassarius snails 4 red leg hermit 4 blue leg hermit 3 Mexican turbo snails I'm going to get 3 bristle stars tomorrow

And I'm in the process of relocating the tang to lfs for trade

Be careful with the brittle stars. Some of them like to eat fish\shrimp. Especially the green brittles

Back
Top Bottom