My 55 gallon reef build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank looks awesome, I love the rock scape and your clowns are phenomenal. Great job.

Ohh man I was just looking at one of those clams!! Do they need an established tank or is good light and supplements ok for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Great tank I love the hammer but get a black background!! It would look even better because of how you set it up. It would also hide things... Btw what equipment do you have??

from, Adam

IMO established for what the filter feed on, I wouldn't feed one if I had one
Agreed I don't plan on feeding mine....and Adam don't worry lol I'm going to put a background on it asap. the only thing on that tank is two AC hob 70s, and a power compact 4x65watt... I know pretty complex right, I have found that steady frequent water changes can pretty much do the job for any other equipment you may run, depending on your tank size of course.

Wow it looks great for that little equipment. I thought you were gonna have a list that was a mile long.. Prices add up for salt though and a sump is sooo easy to make.

from, Adam

lol Yea and of course I also have powerheads on the tank I left that out. I agree on the sump I will be building a sump for the tank so I can have more water volume they do seem pretty easy to make but that's about a month away..Thanks

Whenever you do it make sure you have a lot of info. I could help you if you want. You could have a refugium, dsb, it's really what fits you.

from, Adam

Thanks fishfan I'll let you know.

Quick question for you guys. I have a lot A LOT of these little critters running around my sand bed and rock. The are extremely small and the closet thing I could compare them to is the fresh water ghost shrimp, they look like mini versions of them very clear and shrimp like lol. Anyone heard of these? They to small for the camera to focus on them so I could not get a pic.

these are amphipods-
Amphipod1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom