My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually have loads of those.. so I can probably try every one of them and see if they eventually accept one as a "car" xD!

Nice thinking!

I guess so. xD All that comes out of my boredom is a pile of extra parts to something that once was all together and working fine. xDD

Lol. Just a thought.....Can you fit your dads car in your room, take it apart, and put it back together outside and tell your parents you built a car without them noticing it was your dads?

Well if my room was big enough that plan would work rather well. I could always just get it painted a different color and say I bought it xD

Oh yes! lol

Build update: I'm dreading buying rock for my tank. Even the base rock is expensive to me! Soon I hope to get the sand, then salt, then rock, then let it cycle for a month or so and monitor the levels.

Update: Got the actinic bulbs tonight. I'll put them in if I ever get home from the store lol. Got 2 for 40 instead of 2 for 100.

Sounds like a good deal to me, beats $100 for two bulbs like I payed the first time around. Are you getting sand soon? When are you getting that live rock? Sorry, just a little ancy to see it all setup.

Hehe me too. I'm enjoying following though. Sucks the 'rents are getting antsy. Mine get like that too. "Hey Mum I wanna buy another fish... (Cause I only have 1 chromis and 1 osi in a 33G)" "You have no money! No!" Even though I want like 3/4 more Chromis' so they school. + Chromis' only cost $8 each here. :( (And I have money).

LOL I'm more than ancy! I'm like obsessed with getting the tank started up. I'm glad I got the bulbs (finally) so now I'm either going to get the salt, or the sand. I'm finding out its sometimes better to get the LR first then add the sand in.. any thoughts on that?

Hehe me too. I'm enjoying following though. Sucks the 'rents are getting antsy. Mine get like that too. "Hey Mum I wanna buy another fish... (Cause I only have 1 chromis and 1 osi in a 33G)" "You have no money! No!" Even though I want like 3/4 more Chromis' so they school. + Chromis' only cost $8 each here. :( (And I have money).

I feel your pain dude. xD I have (some) money but I'm not allowed to spend it :confused:.

Oh well. lol

Depends on if your going to get anything to burrow in the sand. I would do it just to be sure and so you won't have to redo it later if you get something that burrows like a goby or pistol shrimp.

Depends on if your going to get anything to burrow in the sand. I would do it just to be sure and so you won't have to redo it later if you get something that burrows like a goby or pistol shrimp.

I want to get something that digs in the sand (interesting little guys lol) so I was thinking to make the LR to be touch the glass so it wont collapse if he digs under it.

in my opinion, wouldnt put it directly on the bottom. it could easily crack the glassbecause of the pressure points and stuff.

When you put the sand in the tank, cover the bottom completely. Then, where the live rock will be, lower the sand level to about 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch. Over time, sand will beven out from animals and the flow moving it.

update:

I got the actinics yesterday and WOW they make a difference! (got a good deal on them too! :D) I'll post pics tonight of what the standard florescent looks like compared to daylight/actinic both on and individually. The tank has cleared up a bit.. I have no idea why it got cloudy, there's nothing in there to start a cycle lol. Unless it was one of my catfish...:rolleyes: I still don't see how they are smart enough to open the cabinet doors, but they are!

get some of those baby things that make it so that babies cant get into stuff. put em on the door handles and the catfish wont get in!

Back
Top Bottom