My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PP5, in regards to your questions.

You can have a firefish and a watchman goby as well. The watchman gobies are agressive towards other things in the tank that have the same shape as them.. so i would think that getting two watchman would not be the greatest of ideas, but then again, your tank is pretty large, so who knows. Also, blennies do fine with gobies, so i would say the lawnmower blenny would be fine as well.

And for the sailfin tang, they have a minimum of 125G. So i don't think it would be wise to put it in a 75G, even though the 75G is pretty big. Tangs in general usually just establish a pecking order.. i've never heard of them killing other fish.. but then again, i don't own a tang, so no experience in that department.

Be aware that if you do get hermit crabs, it will be hard to keep snails, since the hermits will most likely kill the snails for their shells. People throw empty shells in the tank thinking this would stop the hermits from killing the snails for their shells.. but the fact is, that the hermits have to find the empty shells.. and they usually find the snails first.. lol. Also, over time the shells get pushed to the bottom of the sandbed. Assuming you have a sandbed, and sand sifting critters. Also you should do careful research on sea stars because some of them eat coral.

Thanks for the info!

The guy at the store said sailfins can be put in a minimum of 60G xD Guess it pays to make sure before investing.

Yeah, i just didn't want to see you get one, and then go through ich because it was stressed out by the lack of space. The sailfin tangs get to be over 1ft.. so the tanks need to be pretty big.

Did you read the thread about the LFS that said a lionfish would be Okay with a clown and the first thing the lionfish did when it was put in the tank was eat the clown. LFS employees are min. wage with most of them having no SW experience. BAD...do the research first is best...

Did you read the thread about the LFS that said a lionfish would be Okay with a clown and the first thing the lionfish did when it was put in the tank was eat the clown. LFS employees are min. wage with most of them having no SW experience. BAD...do the research first is best...

I remember reading that, I'm not a stocking expert but even I know a lion and a little clown aren't going to go together well! I'd expect advice like that from a big chain pet store, not a smaller store... Guess nobody can really be trusted 100% anymore. :bowl:

Update: POSSIBLY getting some rock this weekend, my dads computer finally fried (cheap parts.. my fault there..) and we are going to Micro Center to see about getting a laptop instead. But if all goes well, I should be starting the cycle within the next week. :D

sorry for the late update about the tank pic, ive been uber busy with my tank and stuff so haent been abe to get on my computer but: LOOKING PRETTY FREAKING AWESOMELY COOL. oh and NICE ROCK!

Yet another update:

Haven't done much with the tank (shocking I know xD) The store has actually been busy lately so I haven't gotten a chance to get the base rock and some live rock. Soon I shall get some to get me started though, hopefully this weekend.

Also, quick question. How do I get rid of the salt creep on pretty much everything. The slightest drop of water turns into salt crystals in a day or so.

LOL I find myself just wiping or flicking them away :) . If they get on the light reflector, I got API aquarium wipes, work nicely :p yeah, I know, waste of money....I got bored OK?!?.

Er.. go to petsmart.. i know they have something called salt creep eliminator. Never tried it.. and probably never will. The salt creep doesn't bother me. I clean it off when i do water changes. Not that hard to do IMO..

I know there's no real "cure" for it, it's like chemistry and stuff or maybe physics.. xDDD

I'll just stick to wiping it down after spilling water.

I find that reducing the amount of air bubbles cuts down on the saltcreep.

Today may be D day. (if that's a good analogy lol) After work, I'm planing on going to the LFS to get about 35lbs of base rock and 10lbs of live rock. I'll add more live rock later, just want to get a little to get it started. I did some calculations and with the shipping cost lb/lb its only a few cents difference. Plus if I go to the store I can pick out the pieces I want lol. Yes, there will be pics if I get the rock today.

We drove all the way to the store and they said their shipment of live rock apparently is coming in tomorrow. (sunday) so we are going back tomorrow to get it.

Can't wait, good luck today. Hopefully they have some good pieces for you to chose from.

WOOO! I'm excited! My brother finally gave me the money he owes me so NOW I defiantly have enough for rock today. :D I may also buy this rather broken skimmer they have in the "used" section, its mainly like just cracked but i think I can acrylic weld it back together. (It's probably already gone though.. :()

Pics by this evening.

Back
Top Bottom