My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the 180 is just like their "show off tank" because we live in a rich area (well the STORE is in a rich area... LOL) and they now offer aquarium instalation services.

And I'm not quite sure what MH system I'm lookin at. If I get MH's I'll get (build) a canopy for them to live in.

Eh right now I'm just trying to "get my feet wet" so to speak. xD I'm thinking of getting power compacts for my FOWLR because the most I'll keep (that needs light) is an anemone and I think I found one that is low light requirement (I forgot the name but I've seen them at petsmart.) I could have been mis-lead, But as I said I'm just working my way up slowly but surely. :D

xD that's a good thing! I enjoy helping too, but I usually let my friends figure out stuff on their own. (Caus its more fun to watch them try to fit a square peg in a round hole than it is to tell them it wont work! :twisted:)

I will at some point have a reef. It may not be till I'm out of college lol. But I shall have a reef! (or three.. :D)

Haha that's a good point, I don't really want MH's unless I need them. I will end up upgrading everything at some point so I might aswell get MH's then.

is the tank full of water yet?

Last night it was full. Now the next step will probably be gluing the PVC and getting some think plywood to cover the back. (So the sump cats don't get in there..)

Probably will have to wait till next week though. I may go to this LFS south of me to check out their livestock and see if I can get a skimmer (From what I've see, they have a bargin corner where stuff is either missing pieces or is dirty for up to 75% off!! I'm willing to fix stuff to save money.)

Once I get the stand patched up and painted to match (mom's are picky but I'm ok with it this time.) I will buy the sand (dry aragonite not "live" bagged sand) and get water in there. I'm probably commiting an aquarium keepers sin by not using RO/DI water but from what I'm seeing, its not REQUIRED. So I'll see how it goes.

Kinda early in the morning to be posting this but I'M STILL AT THE STORE!

I've been here since noon yesterday LOL (I'm a dedicated worker..)

Anyway, I checked at Petsmart today and the anemone they have there is in fact a Condy. They have it under florescent lighting and I was like "Noooo!" (in my head, I'm not totally insane in public)

I changed my mind about them also because they don't host clowns.. Which is one of the reasons I want an anemone in the first place LOL.

Just felt like adding that.

Looks good so far PP. Your catfish must eat a lot of food, gonna be hard to keep the nitrates under control i hear they are messy eaters. Question for you, what is Xd, XD, xD?

Back
Top Bottom