My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good so far PP. Your catfish must eat a lot of food, gonna be hard to keep the nitrates under control i hear they are messy eaters. Question for you, what is Xd, XD, xD?

Yea I got hooked using "lol" then "rofl" then "lmao" then "xD".

yeppp. :D

so did you stain the stand, or at least pick something out?

My stand? I bought it just what it looks like lol. I just need to get to HD and buy some thin plywood to attach to the back so the catfish can't get in.. xD (there we go with the "xD" again!)

LOL. But they quite comfortable in there.

It's weird! The grey cat (Indy) LOVES to sit in empty tanks. I think he thinks I can't see him, but the walls are clear so...:confused:

Crazy cats :silly:

Also:

Went to walmart and found a good SW mixing container. (32G I think.) I plan to put it in the laundry room and someday get an RO unit to put in there too. My question is, can I use my python to transfer salt water and still use it in fresh? Or should I just get 50' of tubing so I don't risk killing my FW fish?

At that point, you will be the bad guy for putting water in their playhouse. They'll be after you. :)

At that point, you will be the bad guy for putting water in their playhouse. They'll be after you. :)

Great, Now I'll have to buy another 20G long for them to play in. Good thing I got mine for like 20 bucks :D.

And about the tubing:

I think I'll just get the 50' of tubing and keep it in the laundry room. I have a pump I can use for mixing the SW and also transferring it to the sump.

And about the tubing:

I think I'll just get the 50' of tubing and keep it in the laundry room. I have a pump I can use for mixing the SW and also transferring it to the sump.
I picked up a 50' drinking water safe hose by Swan at HD for 22 bucks. It's a lot cheaper then buying the tubing.

My old cat loved boxes. Just get a couple of boxes and put them around. They will love you to death. Especially after you fill the sump.

They didn't have the on i bought on the website but here is a link to pretty much the same thing. Drinking Water Safe 5/8 In. x 50 Ft. Kink-Resistant Hose - 8612-50' at The Home Depot

I think I've seen that in some other store.. I can't remember where but that looks familiar.

My old cat loved boxes. Just get a couple of boxes and put them around. They will love you to death. Especially after you fill the sump.

I still have a big box from Foster and Smith they can play in. Maybe they will get over losing their party sump lol.

Make sure they don't get a hold of those green peanuts or you'll be finding them all over the house for months. LOL

Make sure they don't get a hold of those green peanuts or you'll be finding them all over the house for months. LOL

Been there done that. You find them in places you didnt even know the cat could fit or get too.

Back
Top Bottom