My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oceanic 4 life. :p haha. I love my oceanic brand! Im sure there are other good ones, but Oceanic has been good to me so far. lol.

LOL Well, after researching it out a bit last night, I think I'll actually go with IO. Coralife has plenty of bad reviews, and from what they say it's for a FO tank not a reef. (Then again.. I'm not really doing a reef lol!)

If I'm not too lazy I'll take some pics of my tank all lit up. :D

Alrighty then! I decided to go ahead and take some pics of the lighting even though it's light out and it doesn't accomplish the same effect...

Anyway! Here's pics!

img_1019225_0_d3b1e60a71cd4c59a9e6c604c9dbb1fa.jpg

Daylights (with flash.. oops lol)

img_1019225_1_bb78abd6c8bece7c6ee25117f9201576.jpg

Daylights (without the flash)

img_1019225_2_8c78ae0bc0a1b412115549fbd11db72b.jpg

Actinics

img_1019225_3_689a0868e10415b64d22ad27bf97315d.jpg

Actinics + Daylight.

I can't believe how much of a difference there is between PC lights and the standard light that came with the tank.

(Edit: Working in a flower shop, I get lots of free buckets! :D
img_1019225_4_de1997c317218282a0fee03a75e90825.jpg

[yes it's a clean bucket])

Dude your tank is huge!! I wish i had a 75 :( But still, your tank is looking awesome. God knows how much that thing weighs now that its full lol. Nice lights too, what kind do you have?

Dude your tank is huge!! I wish i had a 75 :( But still, your tank is looking awesome. God knows how much that thing weighs now that its full lol. Nice lights too, what kind do you have?

xD Don't remind me about the weight! -cringe-

The stand is designed for this exact tank, so it must be fine. lol

And the light is a Coralife 2x55W and 2x65W PC fixture. (I don't know the model lol) It's the one I got for 75 bucks!

I was thinking of getting a 55G but if I'm going to do it, I might as well do it right! :D

I'm starting to wonder when/if that sand is going to show up....:rolleyes:

LOL The sand will come when my parents are in a good mood.. Not going to happen any time soon. :mad:

I didn't do anything this summer but work in the store, (I have no life apparently lol) so I think they should buy me the sand.

I agree 100% :D

My mom is going to buy 2 clowns for me lol, since i've been working all summer.. and i think i hung out with my freinds like 2 days out of the whole summer lol..

parents can be so annoying. you do something, and they know that you want to do it, and youve spent a lot of money, and they cant even help you out.

Well, if I ask for anything it'll be the "you should be saving for a car" crap again. I'm going to get my dads car, for some odd reason they forget that quite often. lol!

Your parents raised you to be who you are and spent lots of time and money doing it. I think you should respect what they say and respond politely and not with "Are you kidding?!? You guys stink!" or something like that.

Your parents raised you to be who you are and spent lots of time and money doing it. I think you should respect what they say and respond politely and not with "Are you kidding?!? You guys stink!" or something like that.

Eh I know what you and they are saying. I know, I hear that I need to save money. I'm not TOTALLY ignorant and want everything handed to me, I know it costs money and there are other things I should be spending money on.

It's times like this that make me want to just sell everything and try again when I'm older and have a real job and house and stuff.

At some point, I'm going to the LFS to see if I can trade in that light for some sand or salt. My thinking was to get the salt first, make the water salty, then add the sand and remove excess water.

Sound good to everyone?

Wait why are you going to trade in the light? Is it not strong enough for the 75G tank for the things you want? I mean, if it works fine and allows you to do what you want with it, then why bring it back or trade it in? The lights are probably the most expensive parts of SW, so IMO its better that you have them now. Dont know the whole story though, so fill me in!? ;)

after reading most of the post, I think I should as my parents to buy me something LOL. they never do anything for my tank, except feed my puffers when I went to vacation XD
hey partypa show me your sump and the pipes please, I m gonna build my pipes in a few days when my overflow and return pump arrive. I need some ideassssss.
XP

Back
Top Bottom