My 75G FOWLR build thread. (woot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought my base rock from here
$2.7/lb
at least is cheaper than my LFS.
they r not LR, just some reef rock.
you can take a look.

That's about what I'd have to pay at the LFS. For like 10 cents more I can pick out the pieces (for the most part) lol. If the LFS gives me like 3 rocks I may just go online for it.

Hmm....You think that you would get payed alot since you are a dude (we can only hope) and work at a flower shop.....If your parents disapprove the rock, tell your dad to go work at the flower shop and see what it feels like, I wonder what his reaction would be.....

Hmm....You think that you would get payed alot since you are a dude (we can only hope) and work at a flower shop.....If your parents disapprove the rock, tell your dad to go work at the flower shop and see what it feels like, I wonder what his reaction would be.....

It might be "you're grounded". XD

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

right..

xD to clarify: I am a dude.
My dad helps and hates it.
Being employed in a family store means free labor.
I tell him I work there and I should get some money and he just says "you have a house and food, what more do you want?"

heh parents ^_^

I did get some money for working in the store all summer, so I have SOME to spend.. but I have to split it in half to save for a car. (third gen z28 hopefully! :king:)

That's about what I'd have to pay at the LFS. For like 10 cents more I can pick out the pieces (for the most part) lol. If the LFS gives me like 3 rocks I may just go online for it.

lucky u...
my LFS change base rock $6.99
cured LR $8.99
.....I wanna cry......

lucky u...
my LFS change base rock $6.99
cured LR $8.99
.....I wanna cry......

Dang..

XD If I remember right, the baserock is like 2.89/lb and the basic LR is 6.99/lb and the premium coraline stuff is 8.99/lb

Your lucky your lfs even sells lr. I'm pretty sure you have to special order it from mine. :(

awwww~special order cheaper or more $$$$?
why not order online by yourself.

just curious, I stopped ask my lfs to special order anything for me, cuz they always forgot.
I ordered a bag of ghost shrimps every week, but they always said they forgot to order....

Well there are a few reasons I can't. First of all I don't have room for another tank lol. Also I'm in high school so I have a tight budget. Also my mom would almost certainly not let me. She tells me I need to focus on my 55g lol. She's already upset about the money gone into it. Today she told me "we don't have room for mts in this house" XD.

Ok I've re-thought stocking again. xD

I like the heniochus, I hope to get 3 of them (one for me and my brothers) and a pair of clowns because no SW tank is complete without clowns lol. I also want to get maybe 2 chromis.

Probably want to get a firefish goby, if I get one of those can I get a watchman goby too? and if I get either one or two of the gobys, can I get a lawnmower blenny too?

I tried deciphering the "compatibility chart" on foster and smith's website but it's too small for my taste.

As for inverts, 2 cleaner shrimp, a bunch of hermits, and once the tank gets established a starfish or two, and finally a pencil urchin.

If I get (most of) the stuff above, will there be a problem with getting a sailfin tang? They look really cool to me but tangs (as far as I know) aren't nice to other fish..

(sorry for posting three times in a row lol I forgot to reply to this one)

Well there are a few reasons I can't. First of all I don't have room for another tank lol. Also I'm in high school so I have a tight budget. Also my mom would almost certainly not let me. She tells me I need to focus on my 55g lol. She's already upset about the money gone into it. Today she told me "we don't have room for mts in this house" XD.

I too am on a high school budget (which is like a few bucks lol). I kept asking for a clown fish, then I explained that if I turned the 29G I have into SW, a clown was about all I'd be able to put in there. And I kept pointing out other reasons for another tank and finally they just let me do it because im a good kid ^_^. (my dad said he's just happy I'm not spending it on drugs or something instead.)

My mom said if I buy everything I can go sw so I'm looking into all the supplies to get around christmas when I'll have money to spend then around April or so I'll start it up since I'll be able to make some money mowing the lawn then ($20 everytime I mow) :D I'll probly b starting with a 20g long to save some money.

PP5, in regards to your questions.

You can have a firefish and a watchman goby as well. The watchman gobies are agressive towards other things in the tank that have the same shape as them.. so i would think that getting two watchman would not be the greatest of ideas, but then again, your tank is pretty large, so who knows. Also, blennies do fine with gobies, so i would say the lawnmower blenny would be fine as well.

And for the sailfin tang, they have a minimum of 125G. So i don't think it would be wise to put it in a 75G, even though the 75G is pretty big. Tangs in general usually just establish a pecking order.. i've never heard of them killing other fish.. but then again, i don't own a tang, so no experience in that department.

Be aware that if you do get hermit crabs, it will be hard to keep snails, since the hermits will most likely kill the snails for their shells. People throw empty shells in the tank thinking this would stop the hermits from killing the snails for their shells.. but the fact is, that the hermits have to find the empty shells.. and they usually find the snails first.. lol. Also, over time the shells get pushed to the bottom of the sandbed. Assuming you have a sandbed, and sand sifting critters. Also you should do careful research on sea stars because some of them eat coral.

Back
Top Bottom