My 75G! YES!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrik

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a complete 75G setup! The equipments are listed in this link:

http://marshreef.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16380

I have a few questions:

1. Should i keep the spotted goby? He's 3 or 4 inches long. The seller told me that he's aggressive and would eat any weakend tankmates

2. Which one to use? Remora or Coralife Super Skimmer rated for 125G? Right now, i have both skimmer on the 75G, trying to clear up the water and the CCS seems to be doing a better job

3. How high is the Remora's foam level? Right now, it's about as high as the returning water's level

4. I can't keep both sixline and yellow wrasse in a tank, can i?

5. I have never been interested in a phosban reactor so i havn't been doing any research on them. What do they do? What are the maintenance procedures? Does it use a media that needs to be changed on a regular basic? I have a TLF Phosban Reactor w/ mini-Jet 404 pump. Any comment/experience with this product?

TIA

The Goby, they are carnivores. Meaning they can attack smaller fish and even Hermit's I've read but will he ... you never know!

I would use the CSS on the 75.

Not sure about the Remora foam level.

and I wouldn't think your Wrasse will get along, but I'm not too sure!

Sounds like a good setup you got!

I can't really give you any advice on the equipment, I don't use a skimmer and the phosban reactor, I think removes phosphates...not too sure about that eith, I try to go as naturla as possible....
But that is a nice set up!

I do not have any answers as I do not use any of the equipment brands listed, but congrats on the set-up! See what happens when you wait. :)

Personally I would go with one wrasse or the other, but I believe they can coexist.

I have done some reading on phosphate reactors, and if you do not have a PO4 problem I would not bother. They do work though and yes there is a media that needs to be replaced periodically.

I assume you have recently moved the set-up so I would try and treat it like a new tank for a couple of months to make sure everything stays stabel before adding anything.

Do you plan on combining with your 29g or keeping starting MTS and keeping both going?

Good Luck,

I'm happy with my CSS 125 also - pretty consistent and easy to maintain.

Do you plan on combining with your 29g or keeping starting MTS and keeping both going?

Hehe, i wish i could maintain 2 tanks but that would be way too much work. Right now, getting my everything in my 75G is such a pain XD

I'm happy with my CSS 125 also - pretty consistent and easy to maintain.

Yea, i really like my CSS 125. It seems like it works way more efficient than the Remora. Im using the Remora though, b/c i like the pre-filter box (rid of the protein on the surface)

Quote:
29g

Makes for a good QT....

My 29G will become a sump/fuge :). I have a 20G and a 10G in my garage that could be used to QT

Personally I would go with one wrasse or the other, but I believe they can coexist.

I've read things about wrasse killing other wrasse so i had to sell the "BEAUTIFUL" yellow wrasse. Im keeping the sixline

Thanks guys. I'll post some pictures when my tank is "ready" ;)

Back
Top Bottom