My Aiptasia are TOAST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had aiptasia in my tank now (it came in on some LR and I never knew it) for about 3 months. They've reproduced like crazy and were everywhere. I kept on using Joes Juice to zap them, but it never seemed to fully kill them. They just kept coming back. I think it's because I couldn't zap them on the backside of the LR.

I also heard the fun way of using a blow torch on the things. Although it sounded like it'd be a lot of fun- I didn't want to take out my LR.

At any rate, I got 3 peppermint shrimp for my tank and these things are attacking the aiptasia with a vengence! Have you all ever seen how they kill them? It's pretty cool. They'll walk over it and prounce on it like a little kitten prounces on a small ball. And then when the aiptasia retracts, the shrimp will start digging it out with it's claws and legs and eat it. It's really fun to watch.

Anyway, they've killed off about 20 aiptasia. I'm stoked!

That's pretty cool. Mine ate on of them but the other is still growing.

They are usually good to go with killing them while they are small but when they get big I heard they wont mess with them. I have this salt paste that I shoot a wad of it in their mouth and they disapear quickly.

Back
Top Bottom