Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

my amazing watchman gobi

I just love my watchman gobi, he is one tough fish! About a week ago, we decided it was time to re-arrange our rock set up. We thought it would be okay to just leave the fish in the tank, and that surely they would just move out of the way of anything. But cnce we finished, and the water settled, I noticed mr. watchman's tail looked like it had been crushed! yikes!! it looked so bad, part of it was missing, and the rest was all white and bloody! i thought for sure he was a gonner. But it's been about a week now, and the little guy is looking better each day! he found a good spot right in the middle of the tank, he never stopped eating, and his tail looks like it wants to grow back! poor guy has been through a lot, and he is a trooper, i love him! i guess next time we get a wild hair to move the rocks, we'll have to take better fish precautions!
take care,
mermaid

Old 07-12-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bummer. Watch for signs of infection and keep an eye on the healing. You may want to start feeding food soaked in garlic to boost the immune system a bit. Good luck and keep us posted...Lando

Old 07-13-2004, 04:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

thanks for garlic tip, I'll have to pick some up and give that a try! i haven't noticed any infection so far, i'll be sure to keep my eye out for anything suspicious.
mermaid

Tags
gobi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com