My anemone had a baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynn1318

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday, my bubble tip anemone was all stretched out on the rocks with his mouth a long thin line. I'd never seen him that way before, so this morning, first thing, I checked on him. He looked fine, no more stretching, mouth back to normal. Then I noticed bubble tips peeking out from the next rock. It looked like a small version of my anemone. I realized then that it was a BABY! My anemone had split off a part of itself!!!! I am totally amazed! Do I do anything for it?? Will it come out from under the rock?? It looks healthy, but I've never seen it before. Has anyone had experience with this? Any advice for me?
Lynn

WOW! That tank is unbelievable! I hope it wasn't stress. I've had him for about 8 months. It was bleached white with stringy tentacles. He now is a natural greenish tan color with thick bubbles, eats well, and hasn't moved from where he originally was. And now there are TWO!

Mom and split baby are doing fine!

Thank you! The split BTA hid under a rock each night, and came out during the day. Today he was already out, so I guess he's mended. He's positioned right next to his split-mate and is almost as big. My maroon clown is ecstatic since now he can stretch across both anemones :)

Back
Top Bottom