My anomone is going brown it is suppose to be white??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torrie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it cause it placed it self under the filter? My other anemone is brown, but I bought it that way. I have checked everything, cleaned the filter, cleaned the tank, and do a 25% water change every week plus I add fresh water every few days from evaporation. I only feed them every other day. All of my fish and corals are great.

Attachments

• image-3559796610.jpg
    image-3559796610.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 119
Also my tank is mostly natural. I had freshwater cichlids in it for 4 years, then transformed it into a saltwater. I have a 40g bowfront with 50lb of live rock, 40lb of live sand, one hopper filter, and a 40g flow maker.. I have never had any problems with it.. :) also after 3 months of running saltwater it had a bunch of coralline.. :)

What kind is it? It may be too close to that coral. Do you have 6 fish? I think that might be a alot for a 40g especially the Blue Surgeonfish I think they need like a 100g.

I have a 100g going thru the cycling then I plan on moving all fish in there.. :) I already knew that this is a old pic I have a cube with the smaller fish in it now.. :) Idk what kind it is I paid only $4.00 for it at petco.

Thats good. I think its a haitian anemone if you only paid $4. Also it was from petco and it was prob in poor health and became bleached. Brown is a sign it is healthy.:)

You do not want it to be white. It's the color it's supposed to be. White would indicate poor health.

He is doing well I am just waiting a few days so I know the cycle is done before I slowly move them to a 100gal

Back
Top Bottom