My aquarium is done for.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MistaSparkL

Aquarium Advice Regular
Woke up this morning to a leak in my 65 gallon hex. This is the second leak it has sprung--in a different spot from where I have had a previous leak last year. But alas, I was then left with no choice but to go look for a new tank. Upgraded to a sweet 90g. I've transferred all my livestock over. It is glorious.

Well always look at the tank half full instead of half empty now you have a beautiful new tank I'm sure and your livestock have more swimming room:)

Well I`m sorry for you and then I`m happy for you. LOL. Hope all works out

Been there with that issue. It is not fun but as you found out it does give you options for upgrade.

Get some pics posted...you know we love pics on this site.

Yeah, I'm just glad it didn't soak my carpet, I caught it way early--right after it started to squirt a stream of water 6 feet from the one of the tank seams. I went to go pick up 30 extra lbs of LR, and i'm currently aquascaping the tank--I'm still waiting on my lights.

Yeah--the hex looked cool in the corner it was occupying, but it was such a pain to maintain. I had to get up on a ladder and still wasn't able to reach the bottom of the sandbed. It was also difficult to mount my hardware, etc.

Got my lighting system for my new aquarium today--it is freaking sweet, but ridiculously bright. It lights up my whole living room. I picked up a 48" Current USA Outer orbit system. 2x250 watt metal halides, 4x54 actinic t5's, plus moonlights.

Congrats on the new lighting system. Lighting wont be a problem on just about any coral with those lights.

Yeah, i'm really happy with the intensity of the 10k's, but they're a bit yellow for my tastes, I think i'm going to swap them out for 14k's for a crisper look.

I went through the same thing on my tank. When I upgraded to the 250s I started out with 10Ks and had to switch out to 14K. I'm very happy with the look of my light now. I think you will be as well.

PICS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom