My baby foxface is a machine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had no idea they ate algea the way she does. I recently had an outbreak of purple hair and purple leafy algea. I don't really care cause it looks cool but it came into the tank on a coral rock and started to spread. My LFS had baby foxfaces (2 inch) so I thought I'd try one out. In like 3 days this thing has eaten almost all the algea in the tank, its amazing. It eats mysis and pellets too.

I'd reccomend foxfaces for anyone with algea issues for sure.

Yes, you will need to provide sheet on nori as a algae supplement. They are cool though. Mine is really timid but still full of character.

I have a baby fox face too and once she was comfortable in the tank, is out all the time. Mine eats pretty much everything, pellets, nori and mysis

Aha i love my fox. Today i used my finger to scrape off algae in a part the mag float cant get too. Huge strands came off....Todd was there in a flash to gobble it all down before it even hit the sand lol.

Heres what they look like

Attachments

• image-228771334.jpg
    image-228771334.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 139
Lucky, mine only eats the stuff on the clip. And if I forget, then it mover on to the corals

Sadly my baby fox died :( I don't know what went wrong with it. One day he just started laying on the sand bed against the glass for a week and stopped eating. Although, I did buy him from the same store as a bicolor angel which also died so maybe it was the store? Never going there again.

I've heard mix things about the foxface in a reef tank but really want one. Anyone have one in a reef tank?

Mines in the reef, so far he just eats plant. Funny though he really doesn't want anything to do with the seaweed in the clip. He likes pellets and natural but won't touch the stuff I add.

I just had a bi-color fox face die on me about three weeks after purchase. Eating fine, no outward signs of illness, just woke up one day and he was lying on the sand. Parameters were all good too. No idea what happened.

TheTodd said:
I just had a bi-color fox face die on me about three weeks after purchase. Eating fine, no outward signs of illness, just woke up one day and he was lying on the sand. Parameters were all good too. No idea what happened.

Yeah I feel you. I didn't know what he had and why he wouldn't eat. It made me sad lose a fish that I really liked.

I have a reef and my baby fox face hasn't bothered a single coral. Currently keeping softies and lps.

Back
Top Bottom