my baby shark egg just hatched..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lester

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi

my baby shark just hatch. :D

anyone have experience with baby sharks?? can teach me wat next step to proceed??

:thanks:

post-8-1114888050.jpg

post-8-1114888320.jpg

post-8-1114888520.jpg

post-8-1114888818.jpg

post-8-1114889149.jpg

cheers :D

I have a banded bamboo shark, he is over 3 ft long and has been extremely hardy through some tough tank situations. The only thing that harms them really is copper, no one at my LFS mentioned that when I medicated my tank and he does seem to bite around food more than at the food but he eats plenty, they love squid and pretty much anything else. He has not attacked any of my fish. he did bite my eels tail once but it was right next to food. the only problem I would say is that one side of my tank has no sand on the edge due to the sharks digging it up over there and he is big enough that he will move rocks when food is stuck in between rocks. but anyways he is awesome and has been very easy.

Oh wow...Don't sharks eventially get to 5 - 6 ft or something? But that shark is cool!

Hatched the same shark about 4 years ago.

Just an FYI - I found that if you held food (meaty foods like krill, squid, etc) right near him and sort of moved it around, he went for it. Otherwise, he wouldn't go out of his way to find food. He'd go a little crazy, swimiming back and forth on the bottom if he smelt it - but, wouldn't eat until I placed it right in front of his face.

Good luck with him. Cool looking fish.

Feed him extra heavily while he is young. Krill, squid, mysid shrimp, live ghost shrimp, anything he will take. Remember, they get absolutely HUGE and will add a tremendous amount to your bioload.

They are fairly docile and should not be placed with aggressive fish such as triggers.

hi Guys ...

Sorry to keep u guys waiting :D...

Here a little video clip on little sharky feeding on a shrimp hand feed.. enjoy :D

and the below post are some past pics i missed posting here :D

Feeding_Little_Sharky

Thanks for the supports :)

Whee... finally the little sharky is starting to eat... finally a big load off my mind.. thought it won't make it cos for the past two days it ate veri little.. 1 little ghost shrimp ONLY !!.. came home after kopi session with friends today and saw this little fellow swimming around the tank. took a ghost shrimp and tried feeding once more.. it ate!!! Then i reach for another.. It began chasing it..and within a few seconds ..the ghost shrimp is history..

notice it stomach..took my DC and snap a shot of it

Indeed sharks are more active at night. and sleep in the day. it began chasing my camel shrimp round the tank.But the camel is just too big for him now Think little sharky is training it sense of smell and other senses.

post-8-1115063524.jpg

now awaiting the other to venture out too ..
Cheers

Hi to all :D

woke up this morning and found something funny. :blink: at first thought why my little sharky become so small of a sudden !!! <_< then look around and saw another one.. OMG!!! :wow then realise that the other little sharky have hatched too !!!!...
:shark

post-8-1115259143.jpg

cheers :thumbup

sharkly part 2 still have its york to him. :blink: . hmmm can't stop having a feeling that it is just like human who early give birth :whistle guess i dun have to feed it till the york vanish

BTW.. Congrats steven u are a papa now !!! :thumbup

post-8-1115259569.jpg

there is another shot of it ... realise that the banded strip have a little pink in it .. guess has just hatched and still colouring up :naugty

post-8-1115259814.jpg

cheers :rofl

Hi guys ...

some updates on little sharky part 2..

Decided to attempt feeding for little sharky part 2 even though it is still veri rich from it's york.. and it stomach is is as big as before.

Took a slightly less than 1cm tiny life ghost shrimp and placed it near it mouth.. little sharky took awhile before it took its first bite.. it just bite on to it. swim for a while before the ghost shrimp gave a kick and free it self from the cluthes of sharky part2.

it seems that little sharky part 2 teeth is still not that strong yet and can't chew the shrimp.. but still quite happen that it is delevoping it instinct on feeding.. Will attemp feeding agian tonight

as for the run away shrimp.. it's freedom didn't last more than a min.. came big little sharky which knock out him from behind .. it a easy job for big little sharky.. no kick

post-8-1116224093.jpg

:shark

Cheers

just realise that i haven taken much shots of little big sharky and little small Sharky together before.. Ok here a shot of it

SAY CHEEZE ...................... :D

post-8-1116264319.jpg

apart from the length.... they look almost the same.. Guess who is who ??

post-8-1116264610.jpg

Doing some house cleaning....
post-8-1116265107.jpg

cheers

Just complete the moonlight version for the nano.. decided to go for 10v instead of 12v for dimmer effect ... the sharks seems to light it alots :)

post-69-1116347787.jpg

not so bright and also not so dim.. just right :p

But when i turn on the PL light.. IT is so damed FU****G bright ... the sharks have a hock and bang aroung the rocks structures when i turn it on for the first time ..

Top view of the DIY moonlight
post-69-1116347851.jpg

.. the internal layout ....
post-69-1116347897.jpg

The making Of the DIY moonlight

Before anything is done .. the bare hook without anything
post-69-1116348957.jpg

the boby used to hold the led bulbs
post-69-1116349029.jpg

the led bulbs used..
post-69-1116349090.jpg

holders of the LED bulbs